Monday, December 3, 2012

Long time, no blog

So, my computer broke about a month ago, and so I have been using that as an excuse not to blog. But after multiple complaints, I am back too it.
There hasn`t been too much going on. My family celebrated Thanksgiving one Sunday, and I made scalloped potatoes and an arrollado (kind of a rolled up angel cake filled with dulce de leche and chocolate). Afterwards we took a little outing to a nearby lake for a swim and to play on the beach. I`m not using my computer right now, so no photos, but if I remember I`ll upload some. It was kind of strange to have no turkey, no gravy, and no pumpkin pie, but I also liked the fact that there was no snow and we could go to the beach.
More news: I finished school on Friday. No big goodbyes, I actually think the last memories of some of my classmates were of me on the bus trying to get the doors to open. When my host mother asked them later on what they last said to me, it was something on the lines of "Toca el timbre" or "Touch the bell", to alert the bus driver that the doors weren´t open. Next year I won`t be continuing in the technical school, because all of the high school has classes at night, so I will supposedly be going to one of the nearby private schools. That will definitely be a different experience from a public tech school.
And finally, I am in Buenos Aires right now. Yesterday I arrived in a bus (though a pretty swanky bus) and I stayed the night in my host aunt and uncle`s house. Today I will be picked up by my real uncle, and I will stay here until Friday, when I get together with a few other exchange students to head to the Neuquen (in the south), to start one of the AFS trips. We should be doing a whole tour of the south, lasting ten days. Afterwards, we return to Formosa for Christmas. And speaking of Christmas, we decked the tree on Saturday. Of course, it was hot and sunny, and a plastic tree, but same idea.
I`ll upload more photos once I get back from my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment